Grant County WI Day Trips
Grant County Wisconsin has local attractions for every interest. If you are looking for a day trip idea, we invite you to visit some of these local sites.
Round and Polygonal Barns of Grant County WI
Link to a complete listing of Round and Polygonal Barns in Wisconsin.
Grant County WI Great River Road
Great River Road (PDF)
Travel the Great River Road in Grant County WI and enjoy 57 miles of Mississippi River Shoreline! Stop at one of the observation areas and watch the birds on the Mississippi Flyway, the river barges and the local fishermen and boating enthusiasts. Enjoy the quaint towns along the route and visit the historical sites and tourism locations. Grant County has outdoor activities for every interest!
2013 Great River Road Festival Saturday June 15 at Stonefield State Historic Site, Cassville WI
Grant County Civil War Era Monuments and Museum
- Grant County Courthouse Civil War Monument, Lancaster
- Governor Nelson Dewey Monument, Lancaster
- Pleasant Ridge African American Settlement Marker 1, rural Lancaster
- Pleasant Ridge African American Settlement Cemetery Marker, rural Lancaster
- The Cunningham Museum, Lancaster
The annual Muskets and Memories Civil War Reenactment and GAR Heritage Encampment is held in Boscobel the first full weekend in August.
Grant County Wineries, Breweries and Vineyards
- Bauer Kearns Winery - Platteville
- Sinnipee Valley Vineyard - Kieler
- Whispering Winds Winery - Fennimore
- Spurgeon Vineyards - Highland
- Weggy Winery - Muscoda
- Potosi Brewery - Potosi
- Whistlestop Restaurant & Brewery - Woodman
- The Great Wine & Chocolate Trail - May 25-26
- The Wine & Cheese Sampler Trail - June 15-16
- A Way COOL Wine Trail - July 13-14
- The Wurst-Wine Trail EVER - August 17-18