State Parks And Recreation Areas
- Nelson Dewey State Park
- Box 718
- Cassville, WI 53806
- Phone: (608) 725-5374
- Campground reservations (608) 725-5274
Take in a panoramic view of the Mississippi River or relax in wooded campsites atop the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi. Visit Stonefield, home of Wisconsin's first governor, Nelson Dewey, and Stonefield Village, a reconstructed 1890 village. Open year round.
The Wisconsin Ridge Campground overlooks the Mississippi and Wisconsin Rivers 500 feet below. Scarlet tanagers and wild turkeys are among the more than 100 bird species spotted on one-day field trips.
- Grant River Recreation Area
- Toll-Free: (877) 444-6777
- Hours of operation: April 14 - October 22 are 7:00am - 11:00pm
- Camping Fees:$10, $16, and $18
The Grant River Recreation area is located 2 miles south of Potosi, Wisconsin off Highway 133. The area provides camping, picnicking, fishing, and boat access to the Upper Mississippi River.
Reservations only accepted through National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS). Hours of operation: April 1st - September 6th are 7:00am - 11:00pm. Fee booth information is listed below.
- Daily: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday - Sunday and federal holidays: also open from 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Phone number: (608) 763-2140